Re: Setting up eth0

On Mon, Apr 27, 1998 at 05:31:19PM -0400, Keith Alen Vance wrote:
> I need to know how to set up my ne2000 as eth0. I have the card in the
> computer it sees it when it loads linux and  I have ran utility called
> ne2k that verified the ne2000 is in the computer and functioning at 0x320
> int 5.
What do you need to know then?

a) are you using a custom (selfcompiled) kernel?
b) if not, the driver needs to be loaded as a module. Put the line
ne io=0x320

in /etc/modules then say

modprobe ne

You need to enter IP-Adress, netmask, broadcast address, network address and
gateway address into /etc/init.d/network and then say

/etc/init.d/network

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *