Re: Video Modes in X

> I am trying to get my X running 1152x862 at 16 bpp - Vertical scan = 60Hz,
> Horizontal Scan = 56Hz.
>
> The only hastle is that there is no modeline for this in my XF86Config,
> and I don't know how to write one.

Possible answer:

You are probably using an XF86 server that does not provide 1152x862 resolution,
AFAIK such is XF86_SVGA.  The first line in /etc/X11/Xserver indicates the
server on duty.

If you have a card that can cooperate with another XFree86 server then try to
reconfigure XF86 to work with the card-specific server.  For example, I have an
S3 Virge video card, which can be used with both XF86_SVGA and XF86_S3V, but the
latter provides more modes.

An XF86 question:

I purged, then reloaded, X-related debian packages once and now XF86Setup
appears to be missing.  What package should I download to have it back?

Geza Gyorgyi

% Institute for Theoretical Physics, Eotvos University
% Budapest, Puskin u. 5-7, 1088, Hungary
% e-mail: gyorgyi@poe.elte.hu
% phone/fax: (int'l access code + 36 1) 266-7924/266-0612