Re: fopen keeps producing seg faults under hamm - known bug ??

In article <19980416171716.AAA15846@tria>,
Robert Rozman <Robert.Rozman@fri.uni-lj.si> wrote:
>			Hello !
>
>I'm using HTK speech processing tools. I've built them and used under IRIX, Cygnus.
>Now I'm trying to get them to work under debian - (debian 1.3 upgraded to hamm).
>Some of fopen function calls keep producing seg faults. Is this known bug and is there easy solution. I use O2 flag under gcc.

The most probable cause is that the application corrupts it's memory
somehow. fopen() calls malloc() and only at that point might the actual
memory corruption manifest itself. Try to link with the "Electric Fence"
library (-lefence) to get a better idea of the error: it catches a lot
of memory errors the moment they occur instead of at a later (random) point.

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.