Re: Sound problems

On Thu, Apr 16, 1998 at 09:09:05AM -0400, Stephen Carpenter wrote:

> If youw ant the "Easy way out" check out
> www.4front-tech.com they have the OSS/Linux sound card drivers
> They work great and suport many cards. They have one advantage in being
> comercial software (there is also OSS/Free...but it doesn't have
> everything that OSS/Linux has)

<RANT>There is nothing "Easy" about OSS/Linux.  OSS/* is an example of how
NOT to write good drivers for Linux.  =p</RANT>

If at all possible, I strongly advise you use OSS/Free in the kernel for
now.  OSS/Linux has been known to be responsible for MANY problems on my
system including all-out crashes (without so much as an OOPS!)

...patiently waiting for ALSA.