Re: Is there a precompiled appletalk.o module?

> I have installed Debian 1.3 and would like to set up appletalk. I
> installed the appletalk package but there was no appletalk.o module
> installed.  The kernel (2.0.29) has appltalk configured as a module.
>
> Where can I get a pre-compiled module?  OR...
>
> How do I compile just the appletalk.o module?

Go to the /usr/src/linux directory.  Assuming that the kernel sources are
configured to have appletalk as a module, to build the modules do the
following:

	make modules
	make modules_install

I've never tried to compile a single module.  However, it seems that the
above might be the safest way to go, IMO.

-Ossama