Re: PGCC package?

On 13 Apr 98 01:20:26 GMT, in linux.debian.user you wrote:

>If you use EGCS gcc, found in the Debian egcc package, just use the
>"-mpentium" compiler flag.  This should optimize your code for pentium
>processors, just as PGCC does.  This CPU flag for pentiums isn't available
>in gcc 2.7.x, from what I recall.
>
>Here is what the EGCS gcc info pages say about the optimizations:
[snip]

>I hope that this stuff helps.

It did, thanks.  It's still a shame that to upgrade a package we'll
need to download the binary package and the source, recompile and then
install.  I'm just being greedy, I suppose.  :-)

On a related note, is there a program that can keep a record of the
most heavily used libraries and programs, so that a list could be made
of the most useful ones to recompile?

Rob Wilderspin.
--
"But I need it to crash once every few days -
reboots are the only chance I get to sleep..."