Re: kernel-headers-2.0.32 vs. kernel-headers-2.0.33

Hi,
>>"George" == George Bonser <grep@oriole.sbay.org> writes:

George> Ok fine, so what do I do to get a system done correctly
George> running 2.1.X?

George> It looks like I, at first, point the symlinks to the kernel
George> source provided headers. Compile glibc. Create a
George> kernel_headers package. Then use that kernel_headers until
George> both of the following conditions are met:

George> 1) I see substantial changes in the kernel include files.
George> 2) The kernal becomes relatively stable and I have stopped
George>    seeing changes to the kernel includes in the patches.

George> Then I build another glibc and kernel_headers?

George> Ok, I can probably live with that. Am I correct in my
George> understanding that this is the way Debian is doing it? That
George> you use a stable version of headers over many versions and
George> only change headers used to compile user programs possibly
George> when you release new glibc versions?

	You are correct. The only exception to this are device driver
 developers, but they are assumed to have enough know how to use a new
 set of kernel headers using CFLAGS or whatever.

	manoj
--
 The Tree of Learning bears the noblest fruit, but noble fruit tastes
 bad.