Re: Apache Server Side Includes

On Sun, Apr 12, 1998 at 08:03:22PM -0600, Asher Haig wrote:
> I'm at a loss for how to set up SSI in apache. I just want to be able to
> do stuff like
>
> <!--#include virtual="footer.html"-->
>
> and have it interpreted by the server. No One I've talked to seems to
> know how to do this and I can't find anything about it in any config file
> or in the docs.
>
> Someone, please? Would really appreciate any help.

You need "AddModule mod_include.c" in /etc/apache/httpd.conf
Then you want "Includes" in your options line for your web path,
eg in access.conf:

<Directory /var/web>

# This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
# "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".

# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you (or at least, not yet).

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI Includes

[...]
</Directory>

You might want to include "index.shtml" in the DirectoryIndex line
in srm.conf too.

Hope this helps, I use shtml all over my web site to keep
everything common to each page in one place (without using frames).

Hamish