Re: Setting transparent xterms

On Sun, Apr 12, 1998 at 12:57:00PM -0400, Carroll Kong wrote:
> 	Some people once told me that they saw a "xterm" window in X that had a
> transparent -background so you could easily see the wallpaper in the back.  How
> is this possible?  (So basically it is like me calling an xterm window and
> seeing my nice background and I will look like I am typing directly into the
> background.)  Thanks in advance.
>

> Carroll Kong
>

> --
>
> ------------------------------

There's no thing such a transparent xterm window. What you see in so
much screen dump is a hacked version of rxvt who support pixmap
background. Correctly placed, it really gives the illusion of
transparency. Eterm is one of this kind and is available from frozen I
think (or is it unstable?).

Fabien Ninoles                                  Running Debian/GNU Linux
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                      http://www.callisto.si.usherb.ca/~94246757
WorkStation [available when connected!]:     http://nightbird.tzone.org/
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70