Re: Threading list subjects?

Jason Costomiris wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 10, 1998 at 01:48:48PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> : Hi,
> : >>"Jason" == Jason Costomiris <jcostom@jasons.org> writes:
> :
> : Jason> Indeed.  However, you don't need to learn the finger-breaking
> : Jason> keystrokes emacs requires (sorry guys, what was that,
> : Jason> meta+alt+left shift_F9 for that function? <g> )...
> :
> : 	You are just showing how dated your knowledge of Emacs is.
>
> Sure, beat up on the vi guy who makes a joke about emacs.
>
> Would you recognize a joke if it jumped off of your screen and kicked you?

"Daddy?  Why are we hiding from the police?"
"Because we use vi son.  They use emacs."

> Besides, are there no more wacko keybindings in emacs?  I think they are
> still there.

Oh sure, they're there.  Here's one you apparently might like :)

  (global-set-key [(meta alt shift f9)] 'viper-mode)

(Sorry, this will only work in XEmacs, which I don't believe
distinguishes between left and right shift keys - either does GNU
emacs for that matter.)

Keith