Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 23:59:09 -0400
From: John Heuser <heuser@magicnet.net>
To: Nathan E Norman <finn@midco.net>
Subject: Re: Installing debian

   You seem to be knowlegable about linux and getting things work and this
is why I have sent you this letter.
   I am having problems getting linux to recognize my SB16 IDE cdrom drive.
DOS all my PnP hardware is initialized and loadlin boots linux from DOS. I
use the CDROM drive through the IDE port on the SB16 card and it will
initialize as port 0x168 and IRQ 10. As part of my paramters to loadlin
[load passses this on the kernel] I have tried:
   1. hdc=0x168
   2. hdc=0x168,10
   3. hdc=cdrom

   In the past I have been able to make it work, but I have forgotten the
right parameters.  If anyone can help me, please tell me the right
parameters!!  Any help you can give is much appreciated.

John Heuser