Re:Xwindows

> BTY in the rc*.d directories there is the K99xdm and S99xdm
> files to bring up Xwindows at boot time but they do the same thing as
> xdm does from the command line, apparently nothing.
>
> The console messages appear to me like the Xclient isn't coming up for
> the server to connect to.
> John C. Ellingboe
> jcell@netnav.com

1/ /var/log/xdm-errors can contain information about your problem.
2/ If No. 1 does not help, launch xdm from command line with say the "-debug 10"
option, and hope that an error message will tell you where the problem is.
3/ If No. 2 does not help, check the /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers file, it should
contain a line like

		0: local /usr/X11R6/bin/X

4/ If none of the above helps but you can resolve the problem later, please let
me know the successful recipe.

Regards,

Geza Gyorgyi

% Institute for Theoretical Physics, Eotvos University
% Budapest, Puskin u. 5-7, 1088, Hungary
% e-mail: gyorgyi@poe.elte.hu
% phone/fax: (int'l access code + 36 1) 266-7924/266-0612