print spooling disabled

hi,
  I try to use the hp5l printer on the remote win95 pc.
I read the HOWTO file and got the smbprint and printcap,but I found the "spooling disabled" when I use
lpq. what's wrong?

printcap:
# //kuosj/hp5l via smbprint
#
lp|hp5l:\
    :cm=HP 5L  hp5l on kuosj:\
    :lp=/dev/lp1:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
    :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp/acct:\
    :mx#0:\
    :if=/usr/bin/smbprint:

smbprint:

#!/bin/sh -x

# This script is an input filter for printcap printing on a unix machine. It
# uses the smbclient program to print the file to the specified smb-based
# server and service.
# For example you could have a printcap entry like this
#
# smb:lp=/dev/null:sd=/usr/spool/smb:sh:if=/usr/local/samba/smbprint
#
# which would create a unix printer called "smb" that will print via this
# script. You will need to create the spool directory /usr/spool/smb with
# appropriate permissions and ownerships for your system.
#
# Script further altered by hamiltom@ecnz.co.nz (Michael Hamilton)
# so that the server, service, and password can be read from
# a /usr/var/spool/lpd/PRINTNAME/.config file.
#
# Script further modified to add user variable by h.pillay@ieee.org (Harish Pillay)
#
# In order for this to work the /etc/printcap entry must include an
# accounting file (af=...):
#
#   cdcolour:\
#       :cm=CD IBM Colorjet on 6th:\
#       :sd=/var/spool/lpd/cdcolour:\
#       :af=/var/spool/lpd/cdcolour/acct:\
#       :if=/usr/local/etc/smbprint:\
#       :mx=0:\
#       :lp=/dev/null:
#
# The /usr/var/spool/lpd/PRINTNAME/.config file should contain:
#   server=PC_SERVER
#   service=PR_SHARENAME
#   password="password"
#   user=USERNAME          (added by h.pillay@ieee.org)
#
# E.g.
#   server=PAULS_PC
#   service=CJET_371
#   password=""
#   user=HARISH          (added by h.pillay@ieee.org)

#
# Debugging log file, change to /dev/null if you like.
#
logfile=/tmp/smb-print.log
# logfile=/dev/null

#
# The last parameter to the filter is the accounting file name.
#   Extract the directory name from the file name.
#   Concat this with /.config to get the config file.
#
#eval acct_file=\$$#
#eval acct_file=\${$#}
#spool_dir=`dirname $acct_file`
spool_dir=/var/spool/lpd/lp
config_file=$spool_dir/.config

# Should read the following variables set in the config file:
#   server
#   service
#   password
#   user               (added by h.pillay@ieee.org)
eval `cat $config_file`

#
# Some debugging help, change the >> to > if you want to same space.
#
echo "server $server, service $service" >> $logfile

(
# NOTE You may wish to add the line `echo translate' if you want automatic
# CR/LF translation when printing.
        echo translate
        echo "print -"
        cat
) | /usr/bin/smbclient "\\\\$server\\$service" $password -U $user -N -P >> $logfile

#end of /usr/bin/smbprint