Re: [Offtopic: Java Mode broken in Xemacs20?]

hospedales@wow.net writes:

> Hi. I just installed xemacs20 (I had xemacs19 before).

<SNIP>
> Any idea on how to fix this, or any other way to get it to syntax
> highlighting?

Well, I don't know why registerring the file with version control
would give you syntax highlighting, but you problem may come from not
having cvs installed.

But registerring something with version control is not the way to get
syntax highlighting anyway.  I just have the following in my .emacs,
and it suffices to give every java file pretty colors:
(add-hook 'java-mode-hook 'font-lock-mode)

If you just want to higlight one file, just do M-x font-lock-mode.