Re: disk partition problem

On Sun, 03 May 1998 20:39:11 -0500 rehawynn <rehawynn@btigate.com> wrote (and I quoted):

rehawynn> Hello.
rehawynn> I have been reading about Debian, and I am eager to try it out.
rehawynn> However, I seem to have a problem that I have not found an answer for
rehawynn> yet, even after searching through all of the FAQ's and help documents I
rehawynn> could find.  The problem is with partitioning my hard disk.  I DO NOT
rehawynn> want to wipe it out (like using fdisk), so instead I tried FIPS (found
rehawynn> on the Linux CD).  First I scanned and defragged my disk, then I tried
rehawynn> to run fips.  Then it told me there was a file(s) at the end of my hard
rehawynn> disk.  So I checked the documentation on fips and it listed a two files
rehawynn> that might be at the last sector, but it wasn't true on my machine.  And
rehawynn> that's where I'm stuck.  Please help me or tell me where I can get help
rehawynn> so I can free myself from the tyranny of Windows!!!!!!

 You might want to run disk defragmenter BEFORE partitioning your drive.
Norton speed disk or even defrag.exe from winblows will do the job for
you just fine :)

Good luck - Arunas