Help with X

I ran this

"
/home/damascus% xset r rate
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-Misc" missing on display ":0.0".
server does not have extension for "r rate" option
"

I get this odd error... when i try to run xset r rate?  Not sure if I ran it
improperly... but the idea of me missing an extension in X-Free does not make me
happy.  :)  I use Accelerated X, but since that is a mere XServer binary,
(right?)  can I install a glibc2 or libc5 version of XFree86 3.3.2 into
/usr/X11R6 and re symlink my Accelerated X binary to "X" and still expect it to
work?

Also... I had problems with debian 2.0 because my Accelerated X did not seem to
work, is it possible that I had to "upgrade" my version of the Xlibs since I
only upgraded the core system and not the X system?  And... if that is true,
would my original plan of installing Xfree86 3.3.2 glibc2 while resymlinking my
Accelerated X binary help me get glibc2 working 100% on my system?

Btw, any odd bugs with glibc2?  I heard of some apps breaking... not sure if I
should dare to make the move to glibc2 yet since it does not seem to have 100%
dominance yet.  (but I guess it is getting there?)

So... is hamm "frozen" safe to get and install.  The idea of having a frozen
distro... if there are bugs, sounds like there will be fixes... ?

Carroll Kong