Re: X11 problem with Trident card under Debian 1.3.1

Bob Brown wrote:

> > I have a Pentium 120 with a Trident TGUI9680 card with 2mb RAM coupled
> > to a HP monitor upon which I installed Debian 1.3.1 from a CD.  I
> > installed the SVGA server, because it was supposed to support my card,

> > My problem is that when X loads, text (like in a menu or in an xterm) is
> > not entirely visible.  It looks like it's missing an occasional verticle
> > line or something.  Bold text displays perfectly, as do graphics.  I

> Have you configured with xf86config?  I had mucho problems with the set
> up of my 9680, I switched to an S3Virge and was up and running without a
> hitch.  There is just somethin about those Trident chips...

Yes, I configured it with xf86config several times, trying little tweaks
to induce it to work.  I also tried XF86Setup (the graphical one).
Again, it ran just fine (I could see all the text, etc.), but the same
problem arose when I started up X after exiting XF86Setup.

Any other suggestions?

Eric Nystrom