Re: Design of Debian web site

On Sat, Mar 28, 1998 at 05:21:21PM +0100, Thomas Apel wrote:

> What do you think about this? I would be happy to hear your opinions. If
> there is enough positive feedback I can create a rough prototype of what
> I think of.

Hello Tom!

Thank you for your constructive suggestions. I think the following
guidelines should be followed roughly:

* No frames. Frames are evil ;)
* Should be good with Netscape and Lynx at least (note that lynx does
  support META tags, this is very good for navigation)
* Only few different graphical elements (no essential information there).
* Information should be presented clear and fast accesible. I think one more
  sub menu would be fine.
* it should be able to auto generate pages with scripts (well, the bug pages
  are auto generated, aren't they?)

I would welcome a prototype. Please sent a notice to debian-publicity and
perhaps to debian-devel if you have it ready.

Thank you again,
Marcus