Re: Hi im Sandra

That is probably true but what I am talking about is that their attitude
toward abuse reported to them _from outside of AOL_ is also strongly
indicative of a responible ISP.

I don't have any idea of how many 'new users' AOL gets on a typically
day but I am willing to bet that the number is large.  I also suspect
that a great many of these people 'signing up' for AOL either don't
actually read the TOS or believe that it is just 'legalise' to be
safetly ignored.  If you have just a few people a week that take such an
attitude and then use one of the 'miracle email programs', as a sysadm
you have your work 'cut out for you'.

I am quite sure that AOL and many of the other 'main line' ISPs are
using email software that looks for possible abuse (hundreds of or
thousands of mailings per session, etc).  This stuff is all a lot of
trouble (and expense) for the ISP but they are doing it.

--
best,
-bill