AWE64, kernel 2.1.91

I'm having a little trouble setting up my AWE64.  I've followed
Brinkmann's AWE 32/64 HOWTO and I think I'm close to getting it to work.
I have set up isapnp.conf as suggested, and verified all of the
numbers against those in my win95 drivers.

However, when I boot up, it appears that only the awe_wave modules is
being correctly installed.  Take a look at my /dev/sndstat:

OSS/Free:3.8s2++-971130
Load type: Driver loaded as a module
Kernel: Linux red 2.1.91 #2 SMP Sun Mar 29 04:14:32 EST 1998 i686
Config options: 0

Installed drivers:

Card config:

Audio devices:

Synth devices:
0: AWE32-0.4.2c (RAM512k)

Midi devices:

Timers:
0: System clock

Mixers:
0: AWE32 Equalizer

Any ideas?  There WERE a couple things it said to set up in the kernel
that don't seem to exist in 2.1.91, and I'm not sure if that could be the
problem.  Specifically "/dev/dsp and /dev/audio support" doesn't seem to
be in 2.1.x kernels, and "MIDI interface support" is missing too.

Looking forward to any suggestions.