Re: What are the "slink" sundirecrories all about?
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Stan Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: What are the "slink" sundirecrories all about?
- From: Anthony Fok <foka>
- Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 08:20:00 -0700
- Message-id: <19980329082000.45684@lovelife>
- References: <"97WymD.A.EqF.pZkH1"@murphy>
On Sun, Mar 29, 1998 at 08:02:26AM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:
> I noticed on my local mirror, that some subdirectories called "slin:
> are being created. Is this new, or have I just not noticed it
> before. What are these for?
Yes, this is new. :-) Hamm (the toy piggy bank from Toy Story) is the code
name for Debian 2.0. Now that Hamm is frozen, Slink the dog (also from Toy
Story) will be the future Debian 2.1. (i.e. the new developmental or
unstable tree. :-)
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling Civil and Environmental Engineering
email@example.com University of Alberta, Canada
firstname.lastname@example.org Keep smiling! *^_^*
Come visit Our Lady of Victory Camp -- http://olvc.home.ml.org/
--- End Message ---