Re: [OFF TOPIC] Netscape/applications

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Paul Miller wrote:

> I want netscape to download a text file and run an application.  I've been
> able to get netscape to execute a script, but I don't know how to retrive
> the file.  The file is a 2 line text file sent by a cgi script from a web
> page.  Is there any way I can get netscape to download the file or another
> program in a script?
>
> Thanks
> -Paul

	I don't completely understand your problem, but I do believe that I
have at least a partial solution for you. Lynx can be used to download
files. All you have to do is specify the -dump flag, and it will dump
whatever you load to stdout. For instance, you could do something like
this: lynx -dump http://web.cps.msu.edu/~mille542/index.html > index.html.

Hope this helps,
Corey Miller

---
Corey Miller          "This looks like a job for ..... legal tender!"
MSTie #71940                           -The Tick
mille542@egr.msu.edu
http://www.egr.msu.edu/~mille542/