Re: EXIM Help

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Mike Acklin wrote:

> reading message 1 (2580 bytes)
> fetchmail: found received address 'htuttle'
> fetchmail: no local matches, forwarding to root
> fetchmail: SMTP connect to (null) failed
> fetchmail: POP3>QUIT

It is having trouble finding an account on your local system called
htuttle.  Do you have a htuttle login account on your local machine? If
not, create an alias in /etc/aliases for it like this:

htuttle: username

where username is a valid login account on your local linux box.

> 	Second: I tried something else (find . -name exim.conf -print) and got the
> following message:
>
> EXT2-fs warning (Device 03:42): ext_free_inode: bit already cleared for
> inode 89435
>
> 	How do I fix this or can I. Is there a chkdsk for debian?

It is called fschk and DO NOT run it while the system is up! Reboot your
system and that should get cleared.

> 	Third: How do I set my time right. When I installed debian it looked at my
> system clock and asked if I wanted to be on GMT and what my TZ was. I said
> to use GMT and that I was in CST6CDT. Now when I boot my time is wrong.
> When it is 1600 in my wallclock time my system says it is 1000. I use the
> "bash: date 03271600", but when I reboot it always goes back to the -6. I
> know I screwed it up, but how do I fix it with out having to do it
> everytime I boot up. Also by bios clock is correct for walltime.

Basicly, the Debian installation wanted to know if your clock was ALREADY
set to GMT. You said yes and that you were in CST so it thinks it must
subtract 6 hours from the system clock to obtain your local time. Try
running tzconfig.

> 	Sorry to bother everyone, but I am really confused and I don't know where
> to look for info.

George Bonser
Just be thankful that Microsoft does not manufacture pharmaceuticals.
http://www.debian.org