(Newbye) Debian and XFree86 installed Ok under root... But still a problem...

I just installed debian1.3.1 on a new computer. I configured XFree86 and
everything seems to work fine under root.

But... When I log into my user account and try to launch XFree86 with
"startx" command I can't get things working. I get an error:

" xf86OpenConsole: Server must be running with root permissions
You should be using Xwrapper to start the server or xdm.
We strongly advise against making the server SUID root! "

and so the X server can't start...

Apparently, the X server in /usr/X11R6/bin has permissons to read and
execute for all users. I'm a quite new Unix user and I don't see where I did
a mistake...

PLEASE HELP!!!!...

Ronan Lebref

E-mail:Ronan.Lebref@cnet.francetelecom.fr