Re: embarassing X questions

Hi!

Christopher J. McNicholas (cycotic@earthlink.net):

http://www.plig.org/xwinman/

> 2) I loaded X without a windows manager installed. I can move my
> mouse around, but that's about it, no menus or anything. I switched
> VCs just to make sure I wasn't locked up :-).. The question is..how
> do I properly close out of X without a windows manager?

CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE (if not disabled)

terminate the process exec'ed from .xsession or /etc/X11/Xsession eg: type
exit in an xterm.

or switch to a VC an kill the Xserver or the process that was exec'ed from
xsession

Regards
 Rainer

---
KeyID=58341901 fingerprint=A5 57 04 B3 69 88 A1 FB  78 1D B5 64 E0 BF 72 EB