here's how to bind bash keys

Kurt,

bash uses the 'readline' library. This library supports a rebinding of keys. The
library reads the file '~/.inputrc' when it starts and reads commands to rebind
keys. You can read the 'readline' man page for full details. At any rate, create
the file ~/.inputrc and in it put:

"\e[1~": beginning-of-line
"\e[3~": delete-char
"\e[4~": end-of-line

That should do the trick. Also, here's a small c program which will read raw
bytes that you type. This is what I used to find out the above. Note that it's up
to you to translate the hex bytes into the "appropriate" string. You can compile
it with 'make readkb' if you save the file as readkb.c. Type 'x' to quit the
program.