Re: modem again

In article <[🔎] 199803270519.AAA26946@lima>,
David B Wilson <dbwilson@IAS.EDU> wrote:
>Using the /dev/ttyS* devices at least minicom will run.  But I still
>can't dial out.  /proc/interrupts does not show the modem, or IRQ9,
>which is the IRQ of the modem according to Windows 95.  The kernel has
>generic serial support.  So I'm still a bit confused.

You will only see the interrupt used if you actually open the serial
port. Remember that though interrupts can't be shared at the same time,
interrupt channels on the ISA bus are tri-state.

ioports OTOH cannot be shared at all. Check out /proc/ioports

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.