Re: Ooooh A new HDD!

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> It greatly depends on what you do.  cd to / as root and try the following:
>
> du -s /usr
>
> du -s /var

Okay, this was handy, but I have a logistical problem now... :)
here is some info:

Size (MB)   Path

 22	/usr/X11R6
 17	/usr/bin
  3	/usr/sbin
  0	/usr/dict
 11	/usr/doc
  0	/usr/games
  4	/usr/include
  3	/usr/info
 29	/usr/lib
  0	/usr/local
  8	/usr/man
  0	/usr/media
 21	/usr/netscape
  7	/usr/share
  0	/usr/src
---
125

I have a 100MB HDD...

(I know, I should have netscape under /usr/local, but I didnt know better
when I installed it... How can I move it? (V. 4.04))

> As for making it appear as part of the original drive, that is what
> /etc/fstab is for.

Yes, but I meant this:

current: 195MB
new    : 106MB

add    : 301MB

so that it appears the drive now has 301 MB. I think this is something you
have to compile into the kernel? CONFIG_BLK_DEV_MD ?

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

       WinErr: 014 Virus error - A virus has been activated in a dos-box.
                    The virus, however, requires Windows. All tasks will
               automatically be closed and the virus will be activated again.