sound

I've found that when I user Windows95 and then boot to Linux, that
/proc/interrupts shows a sound blaster under IRQ5, and that dmesg
doesn't turn up any sound errors.  Nothing is listed under IRQ5 when
I boot directly to Linux, and dmesg shows a sound initialization problem.
I have PnP disabled, so I don't know why warm booting makes a difference.

Unfortunately, booting into Linux after W95 doesn't make a big enough
difference to make sound work.  /dev/sndstat does show an audio device
(which it didn't before), but the SB MPU401 line under card config is
still in parens, and cat'ing to /dev/audio, /dev/sound, and /dev/dsp,
while no longer producing errors, still produce no sound.  The file
I cat'ed was chimes.wav in my W95 partition, which I presume should make
a noise.

[This is a Yamaha OPL-3SAx chip.)

David