Re: Debian Linux Problem

As other's have pointed out this seems to indicate that xdm is starting, then
crashing for some reason. xdm is set to just keep restarting the server. You
could have the mouse messed up. If the server can't open /dev/psaux for the mouse
it will die (at least it does on my box!). You need to stop xdm first, so either
telnet in and stop it or perhaps boot into single-user mode and disable it from
/etc/init.d/xdm or /etc/X11/config. Then take a look at /var/log/xdm-errors.
Whatever is going wrong should be indicated by error messages in this file.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com