Re: 2 questions

hello again, this is a reply to my own message.  I have found a way to
overlap one image onto another on my web page.  There is a program in the
imagemagick package called combine.  It did exactly what I wanted.  If
anyone had a similar experience try the combine command.
Thanks for the help.
Paul

------------------
Paul McDermott
The Computer Braille Facility
The University of Western Ontario
University Community Centre 215
London, Ontario N6A 3K7
Phone:       (519) 661-3061
Email:       paul@braille.uwo.ca
Web Address: http://www.braille.uwo.ca/~paul

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Adam Edwards wrote:

At 09:19 AM 3/23/98 -0500, Paul McDermott wrote:
>a picture every minute and it is put on my web page.  I want to have my
>updated quickcam image overlayed onto the quickcam window image.  My
>question is.  Can I? and How do I do it in html.  I've looked through the
>html help files in lynx and I can't seem to find the answer.  I hope this
>is understable to you and you have some suggestions.  Thanks for your
>help.
	I could be wrong but... assuming you use the same name for the picture as
you referenced in the img tag of the html file you should be able to use
the meta refresh tag with a setting of 60.  This will force most later
browsers to refetch the contents of the page. (html and associated images)
This would result in the new image of the same name to overwrite the old on
the display and in the users cache.
	I'm sure there are more elegant solutions. (This one forces a complete
reload of all text and images on the page, IIRC, not just reloading the
picture.)  It should do what you want though.

My .02,