[SOLVED]Re: Create Special Boot Disks??

Thanks to everybody who replied... you all helped!  I got the new
rescue disk working...

As the "readme.txt" says on the rescue disk I built a kernel with
ramdisk and initrd along with the IDE,  SCSI, and filesystem stuff I
needed.  I did a 'make bzImage' and renamed that kernel image
"Linux".  I copied this kernel to the floppy, overwriting the other
one.

Next before I mount the floppy and run /mnt/rdev.sh, I needed to not
only create the device /dev/ram0 (using /dev/MAKEDEV ram0) I had to
make the ramdisk module.  After these two things were done, I mounted
the floppy, ran /mnt/rdev.sh, and unmounted the floppy.

It now boots fine... I do not know if this will solve my problem, but
I can tweak the kernel later, I know how to create a custom kernel on
my rescuedisk...

It all seems almost simple in hind sight... <grin>!  Thanks again
all!

--Jay Barbee