Strange Network problem

Hello,

I am experiencing a strange network problem and I do not know if my
Debian 1.3.1 kernel 2.0.32 machine is the problem, or an NT Server being
the cause.  I have an NT Server acting as a router with my Debian
machine serving my web page and mail server.  Here's the problem, when I
hit the web server or mail server from outside my network (via internet)
my access is great.  The mail pulls fast and the web site loads quick.
However, when I am dialed into my network or plugged into the hub on my
subnet, connecting to my web server or mail server is very slow.
I will eventually connect and then the mail pulls fine, but the next
time I need to send a message or refresh the web site, it is super slow
connecting again.  I am not the only one, everyone has the same problem.

Here is the strange part, I can surf outside my network great and come
in from outside my network just great.

I do not know if I need to add any kind of routing entries to the Debian
machine since it is not acting as the router.  Also, when I add a
certain host to my Debian /etc/hosts file.....the access is great.  The
only reason I do not want to add every host in the /etc/host file is
becuase the NT machine is running DHCP and everything used to work
anyway.  It only started being this slow when the NT machine got
rebooted.
The NT Server is the only machine in the host file outside of the
loopback.

I can also flood the machines on the network with ping -f and not lose
any packets
My setup = debian 1.3.1 kernel 2.0.32 on a pentium 150.
web server = apache  ........no errors
mail server = smail .........no errors
pop server = qpopper (2.2).....one-reocurring 110 error ( connot get
canonical name of  ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) in /var/adm/messages...I think
this particular machine is just configured wrong in its email setup.

No errors in dmesg either.
We burned down the NT machine and reloaded everything.....problem
persists.  I put a LAN Meter on the network, nothing out of the ordinary
such as the minimal amount of broadcast packets.  There seems to be no
way to pin this one down.

Has anyone ever seen this before?  Am I just missing some sort of
ifconfig command somewhere?  Any fresh ideas would greatly be
appreciated.

Thanks much
--
Gregory Green