Re: problems with vnc

> might be the appropriate software, so I tried to set up my linux
> box as a vnc server. This was not possible couldn't as the vnc
> server didn't find any free sockets (I don't remember exactly what
> the error message was, but something like "you might have already
> an x session running"?!).
>
> Now I noticed that there seems to be a vnc package in hamm?! Is
> it possible to use it in bo? Has anybody used vnc under Debian 1.3
> and encountered similar problems?

No. I am running vnc on a bo machine fine. Are you starting the server
using "vncserver" script? I don't use the debian package, and therefore
had to use the fonserver - you should do the same.
Also, you would have to edit vncserver script a bit- like to change the
very first line - localtion of perl, also some changes needed inside -read
the FAQ on the VNC website.

Alex Y.

--
   _