Re: Microsoft mouse in X11

Timm Gleason wrote:

>Check the bottom of your Microsoft mouse. If it is a version 2.1 or
higher,
>you have become the victim of the Microsoft behemoth. For some reason,
which
>has yet to be adequately explained, the MS Mice above version 2.0 do not
>work with the newest versions of XFree. I have dissected many a mouse and
>still have no answers. Microsoft is apparently now in the business of
making
>"Windows Only" hardware. Still it works fine using gpm in text mode.
>
>http://www.xfree86.org/FAQ/index.html#MSMouse21A

I just had a glimpse at my mouse:
Mouse Port Compatible Mouse 2.1A
Microsoft Corporation - Made in China
FCC ID: C3KKMP3 ---  5V 20mA

Works fine with debian 1.3.1 , both in text mode (with gpm) and in X (with
or without gpm)
Does this mean i am going to have problems with hamm ?

Gabor Kontur
KGabor@compuserve.com