Re: CGI --> Debian/apache ---> Not working Why? Why. WHY!!!!

On Tue, Mar 24, 1998 at 05:34:52PM -0700, Kent Andersen wrote:
> Got this problem, really bad actually,
> Heres the rundown, what has to be done with permissions on the Debian Dist
> to make the CGI scripting work? It must be permissions or something, I dont
> know what I have to do to get them to work properly.
> any hints??

Kent I sent you some information in reply to your last request
but your email address was invalid then. You haven't provided enough
detail for anyone to diagnose the problem.  My cgi-bin directory is

drwxrwsr-x   2 root     web          1024 Mar 14 00:56 cgi-bin

Within the cgi-bin directory, executables should be readable
and execute for everyone (ie a+rx, or 555), or at least for whatever
user your web server runs as, normally www-data for Debian's apache
I believe.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt       Mobile: +61 412 011 176       hamish@rising.com.au

Rising Software Australia Pty. Ltd.
Developers of music education software including Auralia & Musition.
31 Elmhurst Road, Blackburn, Victoria Australia, 3130
Phone: +61 3 9894 4788  Fax: +61 3 9894 3362  USA Toll Free: 1-888-667-7839
Internet: http://www.rising.com.au/