HP DeskJet 722c - samba attached - no color

We replaced the HP LaserJet II on a Win95 box with an HP
Deskjet 722c. Through samba from Linux, I can print text
and greyscale PostScript (from Netscape) but when I try
color from Netscape nothing prints. I see activity on the
net (blinking lights on the hub) but nothing seems to happen
at the Win95 end.

I'm using dj550c-filter from magicfilter_1.2-10 (from bo) and
gs-aladdin 5.03-0.99.

The 722c turns out to be a "Windows Only" printer, according
to the manuals, but since greyscale works I would think that
color should too.

Any ideas?

...RickM...