Re: fat -> ext2

> I'm a little confused about what you mean by `original filename'.  The
> file on the fat partition has a filename, right?  Isn't this the
> original filename and can't you copy it to the ext2 partition with the
> same name?

Sorry, I have a file that started out as say 'filename' that was transfered
to a fat filesystem and was renamed by the system to 'filena~1'.  Is there
an algorithm or way to retreive the original filename?

Dennis
--
dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu>, Network Administrator   |  work: 353.4844
Division of Engineering Computing Services     |  page: 222.5875