Re: Unmount: COMMAND NOT FOUND!!!

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, C.J.LAWSON wrote:

: Hi,
: 	should that be umount or U[n]mount with a capital U??
: --J.
:
: On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Tristan Day wrote:
:
: > When I ask Debian 1.3.1 to unmount my 3.5" to take it out of the drive, I
: > get 'Command Not Fount' or something along these lines: it seems "unmount"
: > doesn't exist! How do I get round this so I don't have to reboot every time
: > I change disks?

Nope.  It's ``umount'' ... no ``n''.  Weird, but that's unix.

Two ways you could find this information are 'man -k', or 'apropos'
(same command) ... or you could see the ``See Also'' section near the
bottom of the ``mount'' manpage.

kepler:~ $ man -k mount
amd (8)              - automatically mount file systems
automount (8)        - configure mount points for autofs
gitmount (1)         - GNU Interactive Tools version 4.3.6 - auto-mount
script
mount (2)            - mount and unmount filesystems.
ncpmount (8)         - mount all volumes of a specified Novell
fileserver.
setup (2)            - setup devices and file systems, mount root file
system
smbmnt (8)           - mount smb file system
smbmount (8)         - mount program for smbfs
smbmount-2.1.x (8)   - mount smb file system
umount (2)           - mount and unmount filesystems.
amd (8)              - automatically mount file systems
fdlist (1)           - Floppy disk mount utility TQ
fdmount (1)          - Floppy disk mount utility TQ
fdmountd (1)         - Floppy disk mount utility TQ
fdumount (1)         - Floppy disk mount utility TQ
mmount (1)           - mount an MSDOS disk TQ
mount (2)            - mount and unmount filesystems.
mount (8)            - mount a file system
mountd (8)           - NFS mount daemon
rpc.mountd (8)       - NFS mount daemon
setup (2)            - setup devices and file systems, mount root file
system
showmount (8)        - show mount information for an NFS server
umount (2)           - mount and unmount filesystems.

Note the entries for umount :)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104