Re: HELP: debian menu bug???

In an attempt to save the world from disaster, Florian Attenberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Below is the information about the "Bug". HEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!
> richard drisko wrote:

[.. long story about menu creating directories in / ..]

> No, i did not get any response.:-(

If you want to reach me (maintainer of menu) you'd better mail
menu@packages.debian.org (or joostje@debian.org), as I don't
have time to read debian-user very often. And when you've found
a bug (as you obviously did), the best thing to do is just to
type "bug menu" (you do have the "bug" package installed, don't you),
and send me a bugreport.

Fortunately, I already recieved several bugreports from other people.

Anyway, the bug you ran into has been fixed only 2.5 days after I
introduced it (so probably less than 2.5 days after you noticed it).
The problem only occurs in menu-1.5-9. Menu-1.5-10 is fixed, and
menu-1.5-11 is now the most recent in hamm.

Thanks (and sorry for the trouble I caused you),

menu (1.5-11) unstable; urgency=low

  * Went through the buglist again, and updated the default
    menuentryfiles (and removed those that now exists in other
    debian packages). Fixes: 13880 15081 17171 17215 17292.

 -- joost witteveen <joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl>  Sun, 15 Mar 1998 10:39:08 +0100

menu (1.5-10) unstable; urgency=low

  * Oh, yes, Aaron Howell, you were right. I did forget to close (free)
    some files. Fixed that, so this fixes: 17253
  * Fixed error in install-menu that caused the creation directories
    in / (at least for KDE and wmaker. Not sure why not for other wm's)

 -- joost witteveen <joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl>  Sun, 15 Mar 1998 10:02:23 +0100

menu (1.5-9) unstable; urgency=low

  * Fixed several possible segmentation faults (all in error-reporting
    routines)
  * Input buffer for 'readline' increased to 10240 bytes. Fixes: #19482
    (should really fix this sometime)

 -- joost witteveen <joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl>  Thu, 12 Mar 1998 21:23:13 +0100

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org

The upstream maintainer is allowed to do things different
than Debian, but only if he has good reasons to do so.