gated and multicast

I got gated running and mrouted.  Using OSPF I can not join multicast
groups on the ppp connection though by using mrouted, I CAN hear the
multicast broadcasts from my neighbor on the point-to-point.

In ospf_init.c I found the following tidbit:

#ifdef  IP_MULTICAST
        case BROADCAST:
            if (BIT_TEST(intf->flags, OSPF_INTFF_MULTICAST)) {

                /* Configure the multicast groups for this interface */
                if ((task_set_option(ospf.task,
                                     TASKOPTION_GROUP_ADD,
                                     ifap,
                                     ospf_addr_allspf) < 0)
                    && (errno != EADDRINUSE)) {
                    /* Failure other than the address is already there */

                    if (intf->type == POINT_TO_POINT) {
                        /* This may be due to a bug in the Deering
multicast code */
                        /* that does not let you set the multicast address
with the */
                        /* remote end of a P2P link, just disable
multicast for this */
                        /* interface and continue */

                        BIT_RESET(intf->flags, OSPF_INTFF_MULTICAST);

Now, if I am running mrouted, would it be safe for me to change this and
allow multicast on the ppp interface?

George Bonser
Just be thankful that Microsoft does not manufacture pharmaceuticals.
http://www.debian.org