Re: [Motif] RH Motif 2.1 versus lesstif

> I've used alien to convert the RPM for RH Motif 2.1 to .deb  Looking at the
> listing for files for lesstif and RH Motif 2.1 I see that if I install RH
> over lesstif it will overwrite some of the files that lesstif provides.
> Should I just remove lesstif and go with RH Motif?  Would apps like
> xscreensaver-dmotif work with the libs provided by RH motif?

Not that fast...

First of all, RH Motif 2.1 is libc6-linked. This is good, but all the
-dmotif packages in the archive are linked with libc5 version of Motif 2.0.
It is going to change soon and I already proposed new naming conventions
for motif 2.0 and 2.1 linked packages. In the mean time I would recommend
to remove lisstif and recompile packages you are interested in by
yourself using your shiny Motif 2.1.

Alex Y.

P.S. Alex Romosan mentioned that he has an archive of already recompiled
packages for Motif 2.1
--
   _
 _( )_