Re: grabbing root window images.

On Wed, Mar 18, 1998 at 01:45:36PM -0500, Peter Galbraith wrote:

> > hello and thank you for replying to my message.  Can you explain to me on
> > how to use it.  thanks again.
>
> $ xv
>
>  - right click in xv window to get control panel window to appear.
>  - click on grab button to make `xv grab' window panel appear.
[SKIP]

It seems xv canot grab root window.  When I have to grab root window, I use to
start _two_ X (:0 and :1), run xtv at display :1 with option -d :0 and grab
xtv window (which contains root window at :0) with xv.

Is there a way to grab root window without such sophisticated procedure?

xwpick isn't enough good, it cannot work with TrueColor visual, and I cannot
run afterstep in 8 bpp ;)

WBW, Alexey.