Re: modules

> When I did "make-kpkg --zimage buildpackage"
> I eventually got
> dpkg-gencontrol: failure: chown new files list file: Illegal seek
> make[1]: *** [stamp-source] Error 29
> (I'm assuming that's what you meant when you said "run make-kpkg".)
> In any case, there's no .deb file to install.  (I'm assuming I need
> one to use dpkg.)

I can't tell about the error, but I assume you only need the kernel's image.
The /usr/doc/kernel-package/README.gz says:

	To generate a new kernel image, just run
	% make-kpkg clean
	% make-kpkg -revision custom.1.0 kernel_image

> For some reason the messages about unresolved symbols in the modules
> aren't shown by dmesg.

I said in the past that messages that other can log are not logged on my
machine. I think it is the same situation. Perhaps we should change some
parameter ?