Re: printcap for bjc4000

Rich Sahlender wrote:

> > Could someone tell me how to setup my printcap for a bjc4000 printer.
> > I'm a newbie, so please be gentle. I need to be able to print
> > ghostscript files.
>
> I use a bjc600 as follows:
>
> In /etc/printcap :
>
> lp:\
>         :lp=/dev/lp1:\
>         :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp1:\
>         :if=/etc/filter.bjc600:\
>         :af=/var/log/lp-acct:\
>         :lf=/var/log/lp-errs:\
>         :mx#0:\
>         :sh:
>
> And in /etc/filter.bjc600 :
>
> #!/bin/sh
> /usr/bin/gs -q \
>         -sDEVICE=bjc600 \
>         -r360x360 \
>         -sPAPERSIZE=letter \
>         -dNOPAUSE \
>         -dSAFER \
>         -sOutputFile=- -
>
> I suspect this should also work for a 4000, assuming it's a /dev/lp1...
>
> Regards,
> Rich

> Richard A Sahlender Jr            Consultant                    Room #
> Lucent Technologies            Bell Laboratories                2R-264
> 1247 South Cedar Crest Boulevard, Allentown, Pennsylvania   18103-6209
> VOICE: 610-712-2303 FAX: 610-712-2773  EMAIL: rsahlender@bell-labs.com

Rich,Thanks for the reply. Still having probs.  It seems like it should
work, (doesn't it always?) but I'm still getting garbage while printing gs.
ASCII works, and even the top of the .ps file prints some legible chars.
%!PS - Adobe-2.0
%%Creator: ........blah, blah
%%Title: ......blah
and a few more lines