Re: modules

David B Wilson <dbwilson@IAS.EDU> writes:
DBW> When I boot, there are complaints of unresolved symbols in modules
DBW> such as ppp and pcmcia.  This is with a recently compiled 2.0.30
DBW> kernel (and I did make modules and modules_install).  Advice?

I'd suggest building and installing your kernel using the
kernel-package package.  The basic sequence is 'make config', run
make-kpkg to build the kernel and make a Debian package from it, and
then use dpkg to install the kernel.

DBW> Is there a way to get a log of all the boot messages?

Take a look at dmesg.

--
/                             \  "The cat's been in the box for over