Re: Netscape Mail

> From rickm@vsl.com  Tue Mar 17 20:03:10 1998
> Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 15:19:06 -0700 (MST)
> From: Rick Macdonald <rickm@vsl.com>
> To: iquest <iquest@gte.net>
> Cc: Debian User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Re: Netscape Mail
>
> > The netscape mail never download mail at the interval I specified in
> > the mail preference window!  Is there a way to fix this?
>
> This interval if for a mail _check_, and all it does is set the little
> mailbox flag in the bottom right hand corner of the Netscape windows. It
> doesn't download your mail for you. You still have to click on one of the
> GetNewMail buttons or icons.
>
> ...RickM...

What I'm pretty you would like is fetchmail who do all what you want...
When you get it, put this in a ~/.fetchmailrc file:

poll my.pop3.server protocol POP3 :
	username "joe" password something

and then add this line in your rc login file (.cshrc, .profile or .zlogin)

fetchmail -d time_in_seconds_between_check_up

You also have to change the permission on ~/.fetchmailrc by using:

chmod go-rwx ~/.fetchmailrc

It will now retreive your mail by the interval specified and Netscape will
find it at time in your var/spool/username.

Hope this help,

Fab.