Re: hamm/contrib/binary-i386/Packages* files

A Red Hat man said, as he took his shoes off to set a spell in our forum:
> Why are the hamm/contrib/binary-i386/Packages* files empty?  There are files
> in that subtree which are needed to successfully install multiple programs
> from the main hamm distribution.

Then a Greenhorn, wet behind the ears, said:
     It's really pretty easy if you do from your Debian box instead of
doing it from Winders.  I'll help you with it, if you like.  I've only
been at this *nix-type stuff for a couple of months or so, and I can do
it, so I know you can do it.

> I have switched to Redhat, and will continue using the Redhat distribution
> until this situation is rectified.

    I would try another distribution, but once in a while, I like to take
a break from accessing Web sites that are cluttered with ads, and
e-mail lists that are flaming with complaints as some of the others
are.

     Actually, I'm quite impressed at the terrific amount and quality
of work put out by the Debian developers.  ...looks like they are about
to leave all of the other distributions in the past.  They deserve to
take a break.  Only a few hours into an upgrade to the new, unstable
version, and I can tell that Debian 2.0 is going to be...ROCK STEADY!

     As tiny-elvis would say, "I'm just sayin' it's big, man--huge."  It
rocks...so to all you Debian developers out there--thank you.  "Thank
you very much."  Heh, heh...

Art Lemasters, a newbie full of cliches