Addition: SMAIL and dynamic IP. [was SOLVED: EXMH can not send e-mail]

Hi, David!

Here is an e-mail that I got from Mark Carroll, who runs Debian/SMail/dynamic
IP, and kindly enough shared his configuration files.  Well, perhaps it may
give you some more insights...  He also mentioned that he welcomes questions
concerning this configuration. (mcarroll@cantab.com)

------------------------- PPP scripts -------------------------------
There is also a collectio of PPP scripts that his friend  Mark Nielsen put on
the Web:
http://linux.med.ohio-state.edu/nielsen/modem/carroll/

---------------------SMAIL config file -----------------------------
Mark Carroll wrote:
>Notice that I have carroll160.something as one of my visible names or
>whatever. This domain doesn't exist and, if my machine were forwarding
>mail to one with an MTA configured to try to catch junk mail, could cause
>the mail to go off to God Knows Where and never be found again. I'm using
>postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu as a smarthost.

# This is the main Smail configuration file.
# It was originally generated by `smailconfig', part of the Smail package
# distributed with Debian, but it may edited by the mail system administrator.
# It was originally generated by smailconfig at Thu Feb 26 12:44:51 EST 1998
# Please modify the above line, if you change this file by hand.
# See smailconf(5) for details of the things that can be configured here.

visible_name=carroll160.acs.ohio-state.edu
-domains
hostnames=stormcloud.acs.ohio-state.edu:carroll160.acs.ohio-state.edu

max_load_ave=5
smtp_accept_max=20
smtp_accept_queue=10
rfc1413_query_timeout=15

require_configs
-second_config_file
-qualify_file
-retry_file
copying_file=/usr/doc/smail/copyright
max_message_size=10M

received_field="Received: \
    ${if def:sender_host\
       {from $sender_host ${if def:sender_host_addr ([$sender_host_addr]) }}\
       {${if def:sender_host_addr:from [$sender_host_addr] }}}\
    by $primary_name\n\t\
    ${if def:sender_proto: with $sender_proto }\
    ${if def:ident_sender:(ident $ident_sender using $ident_method) }\
    id $message_id\n\t\
    (Debian $version_string); $spool_date"

3.	smail startup	(text/plain)
#!/bin/sh