Re: [Panic] dpkg-ftp upgrade removed required packages

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:

> I upgraded my hamm machine yesterday using dpkg-ftp.  I now find that the
> following important (at least to me) packages are listed under the 'Removed'
> section -
>
> timezone	7.55-2

This is replaced by timezones.  I'm suprised you still have it installed.

> libg++27-dev	2.7.2.1-8

This will be replaced to some extent by libstdc++28(-dev).  It appears
that hamm will use gcc 2.7.2.3 for C compilation and egcs/eg++ 1.0.2 with
libstdc++28 for C++ (full STL support, much better C++ support in
general).

> libgdbm1-dev	1.7.3-19

replaced by lingdbmg1-dev

--